Last Friday we were set an assignment of 10 different photographs for today. These were Fruit, Coffee Shop, City Life, Eyes, Strangers And Their Behaviour, Old People, Your Street, Something Red, Night Sky and Texture. I really enjoyed this task as it forced me to get out there and start looking for inspiration. I was happy with most of my photographs, with the exception of some which I struggled with a little bit. One of my favourites was the Fruit photograph, as I instantly had an idea and pursued it from there. Here is the final result:
 |
| 'Fruit' |
One of the photographs I struggled with the most was Night Sky, as the weather was extremely bad meaning the sky was all clouds. So much so that I couldn't even see the moon. Therefore I had to try be creative and think of something different that would work. That's when I took this:
 |
| 'Night Sky' |
This photograph is quite deceptive, as although the white specs in the photograph may look like stars, they are in fact raindrops, captured using a bright flash. I edited out the larger white specs leaving this as the final result.
Here are the rest of my photographs from this task:
 |
| 'City Life' |
With the city life photograph, I didn't have too much inspiration. So I went to the top of one of the NCP Car Parks in Leeds City Centre at night and tried to capture the traffic and lights. However when I was up there there wasn't too much traffic. So I focused on the lights.
 |
| 'Coffee Shop' |
 |
| 'Eyes' |
 |
| 'Old People' |
 |
| 'Something Red' |
I don't even know why I chose red doors, I was just thinking about this particular brief and came across the red door in the middle. Photographed it. Edited it. Photographed more, and liked them next to each other.
The fact both the end doors are number 32 was completely coincidental.
 |
| 'Strangers And Their Behaviour' |
I got talking to this man who has been living on the streets for a while now. I think that what got to me was the fact the only bought thing he had with him was the dog food to the right of him, showing his clear compassion for his companion.
 |
| 'Texture' |
 |
| 'Your Street' |
All facts considered, I really enjoyed this project and am happy with the results of most of my photographs, and am just hoping that I improve on my skills as a photographer throughout my time here at Leeds College Of Art.
No comments:
Post a Comment