Thursday, 27 September 2012

First Blog Post

My name is Rebekah Woodhouse and i'm 18 years old. I've been interested in Photography for a while and hope to pursue it as a career in the future. I'm currently studying at Leeds College Of Art, in my first year.
For the Summer project we were assigned to take 4 photographs with the brief of 'Self Portraiture', and we were also assigned to read a Photography book and write a short essay on what we learned from reading it. I chose to read the book 'Image Makers, Image Takers - The Essential Guide to Photography by Those in the Know' by Anne Celine Jaeger. I thoroughly enjoyed this book as it widened my knowledge of Photography as both a subject and a profession.One of the main Photographers who stood out in this book to me were Jehad Nga and his series of images 'Turkana'. These photographs were very inspiring as I had never seen the style of which they were taken nor the editing techniques.


No comments:

Post a Comment