She went around America, photographing interesting places (one or two photographs per place), and then wrote a small passage containing more information about the place and what happens there.
I found Taryn Simon whilst browsing through books in the college library, and after looking through this book, I wanted to look at some more of her work.
Luckily for me, the college library also had her book 'The Innocents', which is a project based on people who are in American jail, but who are in fact innocent. It follows the process of them getting the results of the DNA tests and leaving jail. It's incredibly interesting, and I really enjoyed it as a book and a photographic project.
The physical style within the book is very similar to An American Index Of The Hidden and Unfamiliar, with each person having a photograph and a section of text containing more information about what they were accused of and how long they were in jail.
Here are a selection of some of my favourite images from The Innocents, each of them very different to the next one:






No comments:
Post a Comment