I chose to look at the blog site 'twofortheroadblog.com'. This blog uses other photographers work and lays 2 together which are similar or have a similar style or message. The description sums up the content well, as it is 'Image next to image. Nothing more, nothing less'. It is because of this simplicity that this blog works so well. It is easy to navigate around the site, and the photographers names are made clear, meaning you can make a note of a photograph you like. The sheer randomness and lack of genre means that it covers all subjects of photography. This is interesting if you are not looking for any specific style or genre, as it presents you with the oppertunity to stumble across something you may love. Here is a screen grab of one of the sets of photographs:
In this example, you can see that the two images are trying to show photographs within photographs. It is simple connections like this that link the images on the blog, and I think it has been executed well. The only problem is that I do not think it is updated very often, meaning the viewer will have seen most of the images if they wished to return to the blog. However, I do not think that this effects the final review of the blog, because there are a lot of images to browse through on there already.

No comments:
Post a Comment