In the gallery, there was a mixture of framed photographs, photographs printed on canvas, taxidermia, pinned insects, animal skulls and also some printed cushions on chairs. The mixture of different things in the exhibition made it really interesting to view, and also made the photographs come to life, as you could see the photograph, and then see the object that was photographed, with the 3D view giving you a wider insight into the image that you could not get in a normal exhibition.
Here are some photographs of the layout when walking around the exhibition:
I think that the exhibition was really enjoyable, and I really liked the work that Sara Porter had produced for it, really showing people the true beauty there is in nature, through the use of photographs and taxidermia.
It may be because I have always been a lover of nature from a young age, but this is one of the most enjoyable exhibitions I have seen this year, it was just really engaging and inspiring both photographically and for the historical aspects as well. It not only showed me different methods of photography and editing to try out, but also provided information to which I did not know about until today.
I would definitely go back to this exhibition, as I really did enjoy it, and thought it was a worthwhile trip to take.
No comments:
Post a Comment